- Listeria (or Listeriosis) is and infectious disease capable of causing causing blood poisoning and abortion in animals.
- Tesing for listeria can be done on Forages, TMRs, Bedding and Manure
- There are many different species of listeria. If listeria monocytogenes is found, it is reccomended to alert your vet and excercise caution as this disease can be transmitted to humans.
- Sources of listeria can be soil, poorly fermented silage and manure.
- Other species of listeria (listeria innocua for example) are not as great a cause for concern, but ideally no listeria will be detected.